Regional Netball Development Coach, South West
(Covering areas which may include travel to Bristol, Swindon, Gloucester and
Salary: Circa £21,000 per annum
Full time, 3 year Fixed Term Contract
As part of the Sport England funded Club and Coach Programme an exciting new opportunity
has arisen to appoint a Regional Netball Development Coach in the South West. We are
seeking a qualified Netball Coach who has worked with talented athletes and has an ability to
mentor other coaches.
The key responsibilities include
• Coaching potentially talented athletes in the South West Regional Talent Programme
(primarily in County Academies).
• Establishing and/or standardising Netball County Academies in a defined
geographical area where necessary.
• Providing coach development and education support, including delivering workshops.
• Support the Regional Talent Coach to implement scouting programmes at a sub
• Organising and coaching of scheduled income generating events.
Successful applicants will have:
• An England Netball Level 2 Netball Award or equivalent experience.
• An ability to demonstrate up to date extensive knowledge of netball at all levels.
• An understanding of the requirements to achieve elite levels of performance.
• Ability to mentor and guide coaches.
• Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team to deliver key aims and
• Strong leadership, team building, communication and people management skills.
Office location is flexible (to be confirmed on appointment) although the job holder is likely to
attend sites in Bristol, Swindon, Gloucester and Bournemouth on a regular basis.
Candidates must be willing to work hours as required, including evenings and weekends, and
have a full and current driving licence.
For a confidential discussion about these roles please contact Kathryn Crago on e-mail
email@example.com or telephone 077932 45534
For a full information pack and application form please contact Amanda Holmes, Human
Resources Administrator, at England Netball, Netball House, 9 Paynes Park, Hitchin, Herts
SG5 1EH. Telephone 01462 442344, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for completed applications is 12pm Wednesday, 26th November 2008
Interviews for this post will be held on Tuesday, 9th December 2008
England Netball is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all
sections of the community to continue to ensure our staff team reflects the communities in
which we work.